The Wisdom of expert groups
Delphi is a powerful solution to answering questions where:-
- There is as yet no clear cut evidence based answer
- There are many experts with apparently diverse opinions
- The experts in the field are either culturally or geographically dispersed
- Testing and questioning has a risk of generating preconceived opinions
- Where it is desired to produce a clear set of guidelines, standards or checklists in order to identify the "State of the Art"
Delphi is a remarkable process for pooling knowledge, done properly Delphi is an affordable method of achieving a rapid and accurate consensus of expert opinion
Delphi is an effectively managed process supported by statistical analysis and intelligent facilitation that provides a well-tested framework to enable effective forecasting from specialist advice that can be used to prioritise effective business decisions. The Delphi Process Research Unit specialises in the expert facilitation of processes from inception to the publication of the results which can form either part of a medical research journal or a business strategy.
Delphi is a relatively quick and inexpensive method of supporting business decision making where it might not be possible to carry out long term trials or there is insufficient prioritisation at present to select the most valid strategy from a group of options. Delphi can help you prioritise the most valid path to take with the greatest benefit.
The softer benefits of Delphi also include increased motivation and confidence and team leadership.
Page 2 of 2